Follow these simple steps to brew the perfect pot of green tea:
- Fill a kettle with fresh drinking water, and heat the water, don’t let it boil. Approximately 85° C
- Take a small teapot, fill hot water in it, and warm the teapot for two to three minutes
- Discard the water in the teapot before you add the freshly boiled water
- If the teapot has an infuser basket/filter add one rounded teaspoon (approx 2 gms) of dry loose green tea leaves per cup of water/person
- Pour the hot water directly from the kettle over the leaves in the teapot
- Let it steep for 2 – 4 minutes as per your taste. Remove the brewed tea leaves to prevent it from over brewing
- An exceptional quality green tea can be brewed at least two to three times.